Childhood USA's 2016 ThankYou Gala was made possible thanks to:
The mission of World Childhood Foundation is to defend the rights of children and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
By investing in children and their families today,
we prevent abuse, neglect, and marginalization for years to come.
Who we are and what we do
Building on the momentum of the ThankYou by Childhood campaign, the #EyesWideOpen social media initiative aims to mobilize the public to pledge to end the global challenge of child sexual abuse. Join us and upload a picture of your eye on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter tagging #EyesWideOpen and Childhood USA.
Childhood acts as a liaison between donors and local organizations. We fund community-based agencies that can tailor their projects to engage directly with children in need.
Childhood works with prevention efforts to reduce the risk of abuse. We provide intervention strategies to stop ongoing abuse and promote educational opportunities that teach skills which thwart abuse.
Success for us is
- Keeping a child off the streets and providing a bed to safely sleep in at night.
- Preventing or saving a child from being exploited.
- Providing a child with a safe and loving home environment.
- Educating a young parent with the tools and skills they need to raise a happy child.
- Helping a child start the healing process from abuse.
- Stopping sexual abuse of children and ensuring a safe living environment.
Corporations play an important role in helping Childhood promote children’s rights and give children a happy childhood.