What We Do
Childhood acts as a liaison between donors and community-based organizations and is currently supporting over 100 projects in 17 countries.
We identify, review and support existing projects, as well as, new initiatives and efforts that are aligned with the Childhood mission; to defend the rights of children and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world. Our target groups are children who are victims of abuse, street children, children in alternative care and families at risk.
We focus on prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation. By working with prevention efforts, we can help reduce the risk of abuse, providing intervention strategies to stop ongoing abuse and promote education opportunities teaching skills to avoid further abuse.
Why focus on preventative efforts
The best way to manage abuse is to intervene before it begins. Effects of trauma cost unknown millions to treat and heal. Preventing harm will, not only, create savings for society but also create happy, abuse-free lives.
Intervention when needed
Intervention strategies are the rescuing force when harm has been done to a child. Healing and supportive assistance, if provided correctly, will transform into preventing further harm.
The value of education
An education will equip all children and adults with the tools necessary to become productive and active members of society, empowering every child to make decisions that will impact their lives. Childhood raises awareness, and helps educate the public to take action against abuse and exploitation.
Success for us is
- Keeping a child off the streets and providing a bed to safely sleep in at night.
- Preventing or saving a child from being exploited. Providing a child with a safe and loving home environment.
- Educating a young parent with the tools and skills they need to raise a happy child.
- Helping a child start the healing process from abuse.
- Stopping sexual abuse in a child’s home and ensuring a safe living environment.