1. Make sure you meet our basic funding requirements.
2. If you meet the requirements, submit a concept note to Childhood. We will contact you for further dialogue only if your concept matches our priorities and strategy for the country in question.
3. After meeting with the Childhood representative, you may submit an application.
5. General information on the Childhood application process:
- Deadlines for general applications are April 15 and October 15. Applications submitted after deadline are not reviewed. First time applications are approved for maximum one year.
- Applications for pilot grants may be submitted throughout the year. Consult with your program manager. Pilot grants are specifically intended for pilots, pre-studies and/or small, emerging organizations with limited organizational capacity and experiences of working with an institutional donor.
- Submit the application in word & excel format to [email protected]. You will receive a confirmation within a few days.
- Assessment (During the assessment period, Childhood will review the application internally and with input from an external Advisory Board. References are taken from other donors and stakeholders. )
- Decision (Childhood`s Board of Directors takes a decision in mid-June respectively mid-December. )
- Grant periods (Project periods start from July 1 or January 1. The first grant period is maximum 12 months, with possibilities to apply for continuation and extend the project period up to a maximum of six years.
- Reporting requirements Childhood requires quarterly or semi-annual financial reports and semi-annual narrative reports as well as a Financial Audit Report for each grant period. See Guidelines for project reports
- Project monitoring. (Childhood program managers visit each project twice a year )
- Capacity building. (Childhood program manager offers support and mentorship to the organization based on identified needs. Project partners may apply for additional funding for capacity building. )