Campaign Project Manager
About the World Childhood Foundation
World Childhood Foundation was founded in 1999 by Her Majesty Queen Silvia of Sweden with the mission to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world. To date, the Foundation has supported more than 600 projects in 18 countries and has offices in Sweden, Brazil, Germany, and the United States.
About the ThankYou Campaign
Launched in 2013 by Childhood, the ThankYou Campaign is a global initiative founded by Her Royal Highness, Princess Madeleine of Sweden with the goal of building greater awareness about abuse and exploitation of children. The ThankYou Campaign lives on www.thankyou.org and enables anyone to recognize someone who was supportive during their childhood, by sending them a song, and inspiring others to be there for a child in need today. ThankYou is now expanding the ways in which Childhood USA can reach the public and providing new ways people can use to protect the children in their lives.
Overview of the Position
We are seeking a motivated, diligent and organized Campaign Project Manager to work for Childhood USA on the ThankYou Campaign, joining our growing team dedicated to protecting children from abuse and exploitation.
- Working closely with the ThankYou co-directors and the Childhood USA President and CEO to manage all operational elements and the staff working on the ThankYou Campaign
- Manage external stakeholder relationships in particular with Global Poverty Project, as well as service providers such as the PR firm, web site developer and video production agency
- Lead negotiations with 3rd party vendors (service providers), including procurement of services, oversight of essential agreements and contracts for the ThankYou Campaign
- Coordinate between the ThankYou team and Childhood USA, and if required other Childhood offices, to ensure timely execution of the project, including the production of the core project deliverables
- Manage the budget and resource plans for the ThankYou Campaign
- Report out on the project campaign’s progress to executives and key internal and external stakeholders
- Spearhead narratives and core talking points for events and campaign materials
- Oversee the budget and development of the project reports, and the audit to the donors/funders
- Be responsible for essential elements of the ThankYou Campaign, the Run of Show for three events – and work with co-directors and the CEO to confirm artists / celebrities for the events
Qualifications and Skills Required
- 3+ years of experience in project management (preferable in a campaigning, startup environment, communications, PR or NGO experience is preferred)
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills, attention to detail, and follow-through, as well as strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to handle confidential information and projects with professionalism and discretion
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines; ability to identify and take charge of tasks
- Ability to keep up in a fast paced environment
- BS or BA in Management, Non-Profit Management, International Policy, or other related fields.
- Masters Degree is a plus
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong commitment to Child Protection and Child Rights
How to apply
Please submit your Cover Letter and Résumé to [email protected] and include “Campaign Project Manager” in the subject.
For additional questions, please contact us at [email protected],
or call (212) 867-6088.
Please know that we will only contact candidates who have been shortlisted for this position.